About Me

My photo
I'm a longtime contributor to MTV, Billboard, Alternative Press and MovieWeb. I've worked as on-air reporter, host, writer and producer for MTV, MSNBC and E!. I have provided opinion and commentary to programs on VH1, IFC, G4, Fuse, Current and Oxygen. I have written for Huffington Post, Premiere, OC Weekly, SFGate.com, NextMovie.com, MTV's television and movie blogs and other publications. I am the founder of Superhero Productions, providing broadcast, online and aftermarket content for a number of clients including Lionsgate, Sony and Warner Bros. I personally handle artist management for a handful of bands. "Ryan Downey has established a history of breaking some good scoops in the last few years, and you could certainly do worse than bookmark [him] to check in on." -- Ain't It Cool

Friday, June 26, 2009

MJ


My friend and client, Iann Robinson, wrote an excellent piece about Michael Jackson which sums up what I'm feeling pretty well. Check it out HERE.

Back in November, 2003, I headed up to Neverland Ranch with some fellow MTV News staffers to cover the media circus around his last arrest. You can check out the piece I wrote about it HERE.

Please read Iann's blog.

I will add here that, frankly, the only thing separating Michael Jackson from any other 50 year old guy who talks like a child and turns his house into an amusement park to attract kids that he openly admitted to sharing his bed with is two "important" albums.

If your kid spent the night over there, would two "great" albums change your mind?

No comments: