About Me

My photo
I'm a longtime contributor to MTV, Billboard, Alternative Press and MovieWeb. I've worked as on-air reporter, host, writer and producer for MTV, MSNBC and E!. I have provided opinion and commentary to programs on VH1, IFC, G4, Fuse, Current and Oxygen. I have written for Huffington Post, Premiere, OC Weekly, SFGate.com, NextMovie.com, MTV's television and movie blogs and other publications. I am the founder of Superhero Productions, providing broadcast, online and aftermarket content for a number of clients including Lionsgate, Sony and Warner Bros. I personally handle artist management for a handful of bands. "Ryan Downey has established a history of breaking some good scoops in the last few years, and you could certainly do worse than bookmark [him] to check in on." -- Ain't It Cool

Monday, November 27, 2006

U2charist

Have you heard about U2charist? Amazing.

There are churches all around the world, from Dublin and Southern California, who have been trying out a new worship service that incorporates the music of U2. I think it sounds amazing. And I want to go. Although I think most pastors/ priests may be hard pressed to explain the line: "a mole/ digging in a hole/ digging in my soul." But hey, ya' never know.

2 comments:

B. said...

Hey look, I found my amazing cousin again. Love the blog. E-mail me: cameraphobe at hotmail.

BA

the bear said...

dude the worship team at sandals covered "in the name of love" this past summer, trippy!