Thursday, January 17, 2008

FEARnet: Stan Lee!


I have not posted a new blog in quite some time. And as anyone who knows me personally knows, that's with good (AMAZING! MIRACULOUS!) reason. But I think I'm back in the swing of things now, though work is keeping me very, very busy.

Check out this interview I did with Stan "The Man" Lee recently, on the red carpet for a "Heroes" event at the Jules Verne Film Festival in downtown Los Angeles. We spoke about the new "Hulk" and "Iron Man" movies, among other things.

I had actually met Stan once before. When I was working at MTV News in Santa Monica and had moved into an office on the first floor with a window looking out onto the street, STAN LEE WALKED RIGHT PAST MY WINDOW. Now at that office, it wasn't uncommon to see anyone from Master P to Dave Navarro to that no-talent hack Fred Durst walking near or in the office.

BUT THIS WAS STAN LEE! I leapt out of my chair, ran down the hallway, rushed outside, and stopped him in his tracks. He was with two other gentlemen and they were all walking to a meeting at MGM, which used to be across the street from MTV.

I stuck my hand out and just stuttered, "Um, uh, Mr. Lee, I just wanted to say... Thank you."

Without skipping a beat (he must a. get this all of the time and b. know exactly what I'm thanking him for), he said warmly, "My pleasure, my pleasure. I appreciate it." I can't remember what else I blurted out but he chatted with me for a few moments. The FEARnet piece also includes my interviews with Doug Jones AKA "Abe Sapien" in "Hellboy" (and the guy in the motion capture suit as the Silver Surfer), "Heroes" co-creator Tim Kring and Jimmy Jean-Louis AKA "The Haitian" on "Heroes."

No comments: