Monday, October 12, 2009

Megadeth Mixtape



Megadeth's output in the '90s and early 2000's was more of a mixed bag than Metallica's. The lows were much worse, but some of the highs shone more brightly. And with the exception of the consistently awful Risk, it was less consistent in direction.

Like Metallica, many of my friends gave up on this band after a certain album (usually Rust In Peace). While I slugged it out through the entire discography, I understand the frustrations.

Therefore, I present to you, the hidden treasures in the 'deth catalog. Like the Metallica Mixtape, I've arranged these in order of greatness. Please approach with an open mind. Ask yourself: could the guy behind KIB and Peace Sells really have produced nothing but crap for years? Check these out.

(These tracks are post Countdown and pre-Endgame).

01. "Sleepwalker" - 2007
02. "Vortex" - 1997
03. "FFF" - 1997
04. "The Desintergrators" - 1997
05. "She Wolf" - 1997
06. "A Tout Le Monde" - 1994
07. "Never Walk Alone" - 2007
08. "Reckoning Day" - 1994
09. "The Killing Road" - 1994
10. "Of Mice and Men" - 2004

*If somebody wants to try this with Slayer, please let me know. I'd be curious to hear what I'm missing from their later output. I stopped listening after Seasons, which had some great songs but was mostly uneven.

No comments: