About Me

My photo
I'm a longtime contributor to MTV, Billboard, Alternative Press and MovieWeb. I've worked as on-air reporter, host, writer and producer for MTV, MSNBC and E!. I have provided opinion and commentary to programs on VH1, IFC, G4, Fuse, Current and Oxygen. I have written for Huffington Post, Premiere, OC Weekly, SFGate.com, NextMovie.com, MTV's television and movie blogs and other publications. I am the founder of Superhero Productions, providing broadcast, online and aftermarket content for a number of clients including Lionsgate, Sony and Warner Bros. I personally handle artist management for a handful of bands. "Ryan Downey has established a history of breaking some good scoops in the last few years, and you could certainly do worse than bookmark [him] to check in on." -- Ain't It Cool

Friday, August 20, 2010

MTV: "Piranha 3D" Interviews



I caught up with the cast of "Piranha 3D" and spoke with them about flesh-eating fish, "Dead Alive," "Evil Dead 2," blood, gore, comedy and James Cameron's connection to the, er, "franchise," among other things. Check out my interviews with Jerry O'Connell, Kelly Brook and Paul Scheer HERE, my interviews with Adam Scott, Elisabeth Shue and Steven R. McQueen HERE and my chat with director Alex Aja and producer Mark Canton HERE.

No comments: