About Me

My photo
I'm a longtime contributor to MTV, Billboard, Alternative Press and MovieWeb. I've worked as on-air reporter, host, writer and producer for MTV, MSNBC and E!. I have provided opinion and commentary to programs on VH1, IFC, G4, Fuse, Current and Oxygen. I have written for Huffington Post, Premiere, OC Weekly, SFGate.com, NextMovie.com, MTV's television and movie blogs and other publications. I am the founder of Superhero Productions, providing broadcast, online and aftermarket content for a number of clients including Lionsgate, Sony and Warner Bros. I personally handle artist management for a handful of bands. "Ryan Downey has established a history of breaking some good scoops in the last few years, and you could certainly do worse than bookmark [him] to check in on." -- Ain't It Cool

Monday, September 20, 2010

My "I'm Still Here" Review for Rotten Tomatoes Show on Current

It was bittersweet to tape my review of "I'm Still Here" (which was a few days before "the big reveal" about that movie) last week as we learned that it would be the last full episode of The Rotten Tomatoes Show on Current. I'm told the show is being folded into Infomania, where it will now appear as a truncated segment. I can't think of too many movie shows that are as sharp, witty, informed and insightful as RTS. It managed to avoid insulting the audience's intelligence without talking down to us, either. I was a fan before I became involved and I'm thankful and appreciative to everyone involved. Check out the "I'm Still Here" segment HERE.

No comments: