Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Hugh Jackman, Shawn Levy & Sugar Ray Leonard Interviews

I recently caught up with Hugh Jackman to talk about "Real Steel," which is a surprisingly fun and engaging popcorn movie with a mix of futurism and midcentury Americana that I quite enjoyed. I don't think I had spoken to Jackman since "X2: X-Men United" and he's frankly a fantastic interview.

On the cutting room floor, there's a bit where I show him my Dark Phoenix tattoo as well as my ultra-nerdy tattoos of Wolverine supporting characters Elsie-Dee and Bloodscream. I told him that I was one of the people who complained about him being a foot taller than the "real" Wolverine but that I absolutely have loved him in the role. (No, I didn't profess to love all of the "X-Men" films).

I spoke with Jackman and "Real Steel" director Shawn Levy about CGI vs. real effects (they actually constructed robot standins for the actors to interact with), the "Rocky" movies, a "Real Steel" sequel (Jackman is already signed on for one), Americana and more. I also had a chance to interview Sugar Ray Leonard. Jackman overheard me telling someone how I starstruck I was by Leonard and quickly exclaimed, "Me too, mate! I was starstruck by him as well! It's Sugar Ray Leonard!"

Head on over to MovieWeb and watch my interviews RIGHT HERE.

No comments: