Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Topher Grace, Stephen Moyer Interview

"The Double" is something of a throwback to Cold War espionage movies. Naturally, journalists have been asking the film's Topher Grace ("Spider-Man 3") and Stephen Moyer ("True Blood") about the genre. One reporter told them his favorite is "3 Days of the Concord" (no, really).

As a result, the pair were justifiably eager to quiz me when I brought up the topic. You know, I say something like, "I'm a big fan of '80s Cold War espionage films" and Moyer says, "What's your favorite films of that time?" with an expression that says, "Yeah, right, well, I've got you now!"

They were impressed when I pulled out 1985's "The Falcon and the Snowman" ('though "Spies Like Us" would've been an answer to rib them right back with) and as a result of my passing their BS-detector test with flying colors, we proceeded to have a fun and lively conversation from there. CLICK HERE to watch.

*Screenshot captures the first moment of their "Oh, wait, he knows what's up!" expressions.

No comments: