About Me

My photo
I'm a longtime contributor to MTV, Billboard, Alternative Press and MovieWeb. I've worked as on-air reporter, host, writer and producer for MTV, MSNBC and E!. I have provided opinion and commentary to programs on VH1, IFC, G4, Fuse, Current and Oxygen. I have written for Huffington Post, Premiere, OC Weekly, SFGate.com, NextMovie.com, MTV's television and movie blogs and other publications. I am the founder of Superhero Productions, providing broadcast, online and aftermarket content for a number of clients including Lionsgate, Sony and Warner Bros. I personally handle artist management for a handful of bands. "Ryan Downey has established a history of breaking some good scoops in the last few years, and you could certainly do worse than bookmark [him] to check in on." -- Ain't It Cool

Thursday, June 28, 2012

MTV: The Flaming Lips / Erykah Badu

If Erykah Badu truly doesn't want her video collaboration with the Flaming Lips to be seen, the band has other options.

Lead singer, guitarist and songwriter Wayne Coyne said in an O Music Awards interview Thursday (June 28) that his band's "dust-up" with the R&B singer has been mostly in fun. But he admitted that he doesn't know if the nudity-filled video for "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face," which Badu said made her feel "violated," will officially return.

"At the moment, I'm talking with [Dresden Dolls singer] Amanda Palmer about remaking the video and having Amanda sing it and just be in the video," Coyne said while onboard the O Music Awards bus, which is currently on a cross-country journey during which the band is likely to set a new Guinness World Record for most shows played in a day. CLICK HERE to read the rest of my report.

No comments: