Thursday, March 14, 2013

AltPress: TDWP's Mike Hranica

Mike Hranica knew he wanted to be a writer long before he had any dreams about rolling around in a tour bus, performing at venues and festivals around the country. “I remember, even as a kid in elementary school, my grandparents, parents and family were so astonished by the stories I would write,” the Devil Wears Prada vocalist tells AP, calling in from the band’s co-headlining tour with As I Lay Dying. Although fronting his group of Midwest metalcore heroes may have sidetracked him from his dream of being a published author, it ultimately proved to be the vehicle for his first book. One & A Half Hearts details the story behind The Devil Wears Prada’s fourth LP Dead Throne, delving into the creation of the songs, the deeper meanings behind his lyrics and the Ohio native/Chicago resident’s unapologetic Christian faith.

CLICK HERE to read my interview with Mike.

No comments: