Monday, March 05, 2007

Buffy is Back


The Buffyverse telemovies that were talked about following the cancellation of "Angel" are not happening. Whedon (who was recently dumped from Warner's "Wonder Woman" movie) has said recently that it's because the network thought they'd be able to get the gang back together on the cheap. Somehow they haven't heard about "American Pie," "The Grudge" or TV's "Bones," I guess? Regardless... "Buffy" Season 8 is on! On the page! Dark Horse is letting Whedon publish a comic book version. And we know he's got the chops, after all, he wrote some funny books for Marvel a while back including "X-Men." (I haven't read his "X-Men," but I know he put Wolvie back in the blue-and-gold, and there's no way that's a bad thing). My buddy at Dark Horse sent me the first two issues. I can't wait to crack them open!

No comments: