Monday, March 05, 2007

Jay Bakker's Revolution


I devoured Jay Bakker's "Son of a Preacher Man: My Search for Grace in the Shadows" from cover to cover a couple of weeks ago, inspired in part by the Sundance Channel's excellent 6 episode first season of the reality series "One Punk Under God." The son of Jim and Tammy Bakker, Jay's life has been full of tragedy, triumph and most of all, grace. I'd write a more in-depth review if I had a bit more time, but, the strongest thing I'd like to get across about the Jay's journey (as depicted in his book and on television) is that you don't have to agree with everything, or even anything, Revolution Church does to get something out of it. For my part, I can't think of another reality series that has brought tears to my eyes -- and more than once, at that! And not to mention, Jay and Marc at Revolution are fans of Demon Hunter. That's excellent.

No comments: