Monday, July 14, 2008

AP: The Oral History of H2O



I have written for Alternative Press for over ten years now and I would be hard-pressed to think of an assignment more gratifying than the Oral History of H2O I pitched and put together, which is on the stands now. Few people who have emerged from the underground hardcore / punk scene have earned as much respect and good-natured sentimentality as Toby Morse and his gang of merry-men and plenty of folks -- from bands like AFI, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Dropkick Murphys, Cro-Mags, Alkaline Trio, Paramore, Madball and more -- were happy to go on record for them.

3 comments:

Eric Grubbs said...

I enjoyed the article, but I'm curious if an extended version of it will ever appear online, like the Coalesce piece.

Ryan J. Downey said...

I believe AP has plans to do that.

Eric Grubbs said...

Sweet. Bring on the 100,000 words!