About Me

My Photo
I'm a longtime contributor to MTV, Billboard, Alternative Press and MovieWeb. I've worked as on-air reporter, host, writer and producer for MTV, MSNBC and E!. I have provided opinion and commentary to programs on VH1, IFC, G4, Fuse, Current and Oxygen. I have written for Huffington Post, Premiere, OC Weekly, SFGate.com, NextMovie.com, MTV's television and movie blogs and other publications. I am the founder of Superhero Productions, providing broadcast, online and aftermarket content for a number of clients including Lionsgate, Sony and Warner Bros. I personally handle artist management for a handful of bands. "Ryan Downey has established a history of breaking some good scoops in the last few years, and you could certainly do worse than bookmark [him] to check in on." -- Ain't It Cool

Friday, April 06, 2012

MTV: "American Reunion" Final "Pie" Movie?

"American Wedding" was billed as "the thrilling climax" of the "American Pie" franchise back in 2003. But as every fan knows, a handful of "American Pie Presents" direct-to-DVD movies followed, and this weekend, the original cast returns to theaters in the appropriately titled "American Reunion."

So what gives?

When MTV News posed this question, Eddie Kaye Thomas (better known to fans of the beloved comedy franchise as Finch) was quick with a killer response. "Jay-Z retired; he's back. Why don't you ask him that question?" he said with a wide smile, to much laughter from co-star Seann William Scott. CLICK HERE to read the rest of my report.

No comments: